- CLIENT BEDSHED
- COMPLETED JULY 2012
Bedshed Interactive Touch Displays
A franchisee survey rated this
unit at 8.6 out of 10
BlocksGlobal® created an intelligent, touchscreen solution with motion-detection to personally respond to customers. It could display large images across a room, then instantly change its content to a personal invitation to engage.
The design allows franchisees to market to a local area, using multi-lingual marketing with brand control. A customer assist button activates a physical light using Arduino technology. Floor stock is then matched to stock displayed on screen using Blocks™ Catalogues, giving a clear and compelling view.
- In "normal" operation the screen plays HTML-based marketing messages, such as large banners and wayfinding content.
- A rangefinder sonar sensor, connected to the player via a Phidgets USB interface, detects movement when someone walks within range and switches content to an invitation to interact further.
- Users can add items to a wishlist as they go, and enter their email address to get a customised PDF brochure of their wishlist products
- Customers who want assistance can hit an "assist me" button. This sends an Ajax request to the sales desk where a box with an Ethernet-enabled Arduino board lights up a pre-determined colour LED, indicating where the customer is
- Linger stats (tracking 5, 10, 30 & 60 sec lingers) are recorded